Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Forbidden Secrets: Closer to the Present

I used to hate it, the secrecy, the lying and sneaking around. It all seemed so redundant; after all, I  went through all the typical intolerant bull-shit when I came out just so that I wouldn't have to live in secrecy anymore and then I go and fall for a girl who's in the closet. If ever there were a time for slow, sarcastic applause, it would be now. 
 
But, no matter how hard I tried, I could not help but want her. At first, I mostly put up with the sneaking around for two reasons: 1. she's not only super hot, but we have so much fun together - when I'm with her, I always have a smile on my face; 2. even I have to admit, sneaking around can be really exciting. After a while, keeping things a secret just felt like the right thing to do. See, high school and gay relationships don't mix; they're like oil and water. Teenagers are already freaked out by the things they do understand; when you throw something like that into the mix, it's like dropping a wrench into a blender (ie. very messy). You end up sadly misspending your passion defending your relationship instead of actually being in it and eventually, things get way too tense, you break up and the haters win: yet again. 

I started to cherish it, like I should have all along. We had our own little world and there were no people meddling and trying to get involved; exactly the way relationships should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment