Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Forbidden Secrets: The Beginning

I'm the secret girlfriend of the pastor's daughter. It gets funnier every time I say it; well, not really funny, ha-ha but funny, ironic.

The Beginning:

When I walked into the bathroom during my third period math-class, I had expected it to be a perfectly average experience where I would empty my tilted walnut of a bladder, wash my hands and scurry off back to class. I never expected that going for a pee would so drastically alter my life. The bathroom wasn't empty; there was a girl crying at the sink, she was tall, delicate and beautiful with long, luscious waves of golden hair that cascaded down her back. Her name was Ally*, we had one of those in-class-friendships but we had never hung out outside of class or anything so it was quite shocking to me when she came over, wrapped her arms around me and continued to sob into my shoulder. Stupidly, I asked her if she was okay; but, the next thing I knew, she had choked out her entire story between sobs and sniffles. At first I didn't really get what she was talking about, she was saying things like "we're more alike than you think" and "I'm so scared of my parents and what people will say". My brain had barely understood what she was saying when she took on a steely expression and asked me if I could keep a secret. I already knew what she was going to say but I figured that saying it out loud might help her feel better. She took a deep breath and uttered the eight words that would forever bond us together: "I like girls, but nobody can ever know."



*Her name is not really Ally, but I obviously can't use her real name or she'd kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment